Tuesday 19 August 2014

That curb moment

I saw some pictures/status' that a fellow JET uploaded of when her mum came to visit and for some reason made the assumption that her mum was blind.

I saw her yesterday and asked. Naturally, I was completely wrong. And then had to embarrassingly explain why I thought that to be the case. Did someone say "curb your enthusiasm moment..?".

I really didn't want to forget that. Glad I have this blog.

Also I saw the new Godzilla film in Shinjuku over the weekend, there was a shot of Shinjuku which I witnessed upon leaving the cinema, love it when that kinda stuff happens.

I also just remembered something from when I was an undergrad student. Once a fellow student had asked me to email her something - a handout, or some notes or an article or whatever. I sent it to her in an email attachment and wrote a short message along the lines of "Here is the document you so desire". Although this was quite a few years ago now, I am pretty sure that is exactly how I worded it.

This girl, although I can't for the life of me remember who it was (which kills me) somehow completely misread this message. I have no idea what she thought I was getting at - but sent me a huge message back, stating how insulted she was and how I was so rude etc. etc.... I wish I could access my old kent mail. In fact, maybe I can. I MUST REMEMBER TO TRY FIND THIS. What a bizarre occurrence. Just for the record, she was a native English speaker... I can remember that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I put so much time and nonsense in this blog. Thank you for commenting, even if it's trolling, it makes me feel special.