Sunday 3 December 2017

When life gives you yuzu

Yes it is finally yuzu season in Japan!

I have already hunted down my first yuzu, which I bought from a small fruit and vegetable vendor that I passed in one of the backstreets of Shibuya. 

In my yuzu-high excitement, I rushed it home and baked a cake. I followed a simple lemon drizzle recipe, but substituted lemon for yuzu.

Zest life= Post-grated yuzu
Although the texture wasn't as perfectly fluffy as I would have liked (according to Matt I over-mixed), the taste was delicious!

Matt adds the sugar-yuzu drizzle to the cake as a finishing touch

Ok, so maybe I won't become a food photographer anytime soon... but it was yummy


Since that first encounter, there have been yuzus spotted in Maruetsu Petit. 



It seems the market price for yuzu in Tokyo this year is between 200-250¥ for one large yuzu.  If you find them cheaper please let me know!

Hey here's something I've been listening to this autumn from the new Kishi Bashi album:



aaaannnd, an oldie which reminds me of hanging out with Addie back at Bristol who introduced me to Kishi Bashi:



Video is a bit meh, but that tune doe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I put so much time and nonsense in this blog. Thank you for commenting, even if it's trolling, it makes me feel special.